no till drill
Set up, clean up and transport video
Adusting Drill Depth
The Peter Francisco Soil and Water Conservation District has two no-till drills available for rent to residents of Buckingham and Cumberland counties.
- Buckingham: PFSWCD Office, Sprouse’s Corner Phone: 434-983-7923
- Cumberland: VA Cooperative Extension Office, Rt. 60 804-492-4390
Less than 7 Acres - $80.00
7.1-49.9 acres - $11.00/acre
50-99.9 acres - $10.00/ acre
100+ acres- $9.00/acre
Please note that there is $75.00 charge for out-of-district use.
No‐Till Drill Checklist and Rules
· Do not transport the drill at a speed greater than 35 mph.
· No fertilizer may be put in any of the drill boxes, as this corrodes the metal.
· No repairs to the drill are to be made, aside from fixing a flat tire, without first calling the district office.
· While seeding, do not make sharp turns with the disk in the ground.
· The drill is NOT to be used on new fields with excessive stumps and/or roots.
· Any damage incurred due to improper use will be charged to the user.
Where do I go from here?
To reserve a drill, simply call the drill location for your county and tell us:
· The dates you wish to use the drill
· The number of acres you will be planting
· The crop you intend to plant
When you arrive at the office, you will sign a rental agreement.
Please note that in the event of inclement weather or cancellations, reservation of the drill will need to be rescheduled.
Payment can be made by cash or check (no credit cards). The District will bill you.
Tax exempt participants: It is your responsibility to file a Virginia tax exemption form ST-18 with the District.
Buckingham reservations: 434-983-7923
Cumberland reservations: 804-492-4390